Sunday, December 14, 2008

Windstorm last night and Ripley was GONE!!!


We had a storm moving into our area and yesterday it was windy. Clouds were scattered around the desert and it really was a beautiful day, although it was quite chilly. After dark, however, the winds howled through. Unbeknownst to us, a few boards popped out of our front fence and when we let the dogs out about 10:00 p.m., only the two "big boys" came back. Ripley did not. I immediately called and ran out in my pajamas. SILENCE. Twice now this has happened and each time she's always been right outside the front gate, so I ran out, threw open the gate, and yup! There she was! She might be a little chaos-causer, but she DOES always sit right by the gate if she gets out. This morning I looked and one whole board was out, so I went out with my handy dandy hammer and my bag of nails and hammered the board back in. I think I'll also reinforce the fence on the inside of the fence with some chicken wire. That way, if another board pops out, she'll have chicken wire to deal with. Not that it has ever stopped her. I have it around my vegetable garden and she just walks over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment